Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Burda 6011: Bella jeans




Another pair of Bella jeans.

I used a stretch drill this time, its a bit thinner than a denim. I did mock flat felled seams and used my singer to top stitch it, I still getting used to using that machine (it has a knee pedal which is taking a bit of time to get used to), so the first bits of top stitching are a bit dodgy!

The waistband on the Bella jeans dips to a low V at the back, so I turned it into more of a classic jeans yoke.



I'm happy with the construction of these, but....they're too bloody small!! I always use a stretch sateen for the waistband facing but this time because the drill was so lightweight I used a quilting cotton, which of course has no stretch so they were way too tight in the waist.

I unpicked and let out the side waistband seams which make them wearable but still no where near as comfortable as the last pair of Bella jeans I made. Not sure if I'll wear them a few times and see if they'll stretch out or unpick the whole waistband (I've already done the button and buttonholes so I can't unpick just the facing), or if they'll end up in the corner for the next few months (most likely, lol).
Ah well, it was good to practise my topstitching!

2 comments:

  1. Nice job anyway - just think that you've polished up another technique in making these - not time wasted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look fabulous, so bummer about the waistband. Hopefully it will stretch out just enough for you to be comfortable.

    ReplyDelete