Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Vogue 8751



You might be getting a bit of deja vu with these pants. I made this pattern originally with this exact material and wasn't happy with the fit or the inseam pockets. In a bit of a crankypants mood I ended up unpicking them, resewing them into capris and have never worn them since.....

I keep on calling them my Prodigy pants because they remind me of the ones that Keith use to wear back in the late 1990's


(Source)


I did the same adjustments as last time But this has to be the stretchiest bengaline I've ever worked with. I took in the side seams by 1" on either side and really should have taken 1/2" to 1" from the very top of the pants so the waistband would sit lower as I'm getting bunching under the back waistband and at the front crotch which is just from excess fabric. But I'm feeling pretty damn lazy lately so it will probably just stay like that!



The main fabric is a Bengaline from Lincraft and I used a Pink Sateen for the waistband facing, fly and pocket lining.


I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned the fly tutorial I use?It's Debbie Cook's jean's fly tutorial and its bloody fantastic! It always turns out perfect and neat.


And in honour of Anzac Day today;


They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them.

Lest we forget

5 comments:

  1. The pants are so lovely, it is a shame the fit isn't quite where you want. They look good on you, though, and I love the pink facing and pockets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pants look great. I love the hot pink as a contrast, looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with your insides!!

    ReplyDelete