Thursday, November 1, 2012

Simplicity 2369: Wrap top.






In an attempt to take the ideas of the last top (Butterick 5783) and make it more wearable I pulled this pattern back out and changed it a bit.
I haven't worn the last version of this top, much mainly because the ties tend to pull the back and side seam around towards the front if I do it up tight but if I don't do it up tight the neckline is too loose and I end up  periously close to flashing strangers!
So for this version I sewed the wrap tie ends into the side seams and added the ties separately. I like the sleeves and the crossover a lot more on this one, but I think the back and length of the Butterick pattern was nicer. I have the new Vogue 8825 pattern to make up soon and it seens to be the best of both worlds! I'm not using a polyester knit again though, it always feels like I"m wearing a plastic bag

8 comments:

  1. I do like this one a lot. Looks like it has great coverage and very flattering on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Suzy and the fit is great. What is a good replacement for the polyester knit? It looks good but I know what you mean about the feel of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hold the phone! A wrap top that doesn't gap? What form of witchery is this?! You look great and I must have this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you, I much prefer the upper portion of this Simplicity top. The lower half of the Butterick top, though, looks more like a peplum, I love that! It should be simple enough to franken the upper and lower portions of these patterns! Oh, and I LOVE that colour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks freaking awesome! I really like the fit on this. I think I need another pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a gorgeous top. I'm quite envious of your clearance table fabric. It looks like it sews and wears beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is beautiful! And the colour looks so good on you!

    ReplyDelete