Thursday, December 6, 2012

Christmas Quilt: Joy by Moda


I've been itching to try a zig zag quilt for ages, I love the chevrons and colour grouping plus they are so freaking easy!



This is half a layer cake (so the equivilant of 2 charm packs) and the grey fabric is a Prima cotton from Spotlight.


First time doing straight line quilting, I like the effect of it on this quilt but it uses a lot more thread than I thought and takes longer than free motion quilting too! (the marks on the quilt are water spots from the wet seat, I thought I wiped it dry but must have missed some!)

6 comments:

  1. Love your quilt. The color choices are wonderful and so unexpected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love this colour range, so bright and colourful for Christmas

      Delete
  2. Suzy, your so productive! Seeing other people make quilts, makes me want to make one too! Well done! Are you going to hang it on a wall, near your christmas tree?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's draped over the back of the couch at the moment, would be lovely to hang on the wall but our house is kind of tiny (which is why I sew in the shed, no room inside!)

      Delete
  3. Oh, it's gorgeous. And so Christmassy. What is it about that green/red/white combo that make me want to start eating mince pies? I LOVE mince pies. These days it doesn't take much for me to spin the conversation (or monologue) round to mince pies :)
    Judging from the photo of you holding it up, that would have required thread long enough to get you to the moon and back. yikes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About 800-1000m of thread!!
      I'm not a huge fan of mince pies but I must admit the ones from Bakers Delight are seriously yummy, especially with some thick cream on the top, yummo!

      Delete