Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Banksia Top double up

 

I feel like I'm just using the same patterns over and over again lately! My daughters best friend came and stayed and fell in love with the Banksia top so they both plotted to have matching tops for their upcoming school camp.

 
They picked out yet another cutesy fabric, little yellow duckies this time around. I still think they look like pajama tops but got outvoted!
My daughters top is a Small, with a sloping shoulder adjustment and the darts raised by 1". Her besties is a sz XS with the darts also raised by 1" and a 1/2"SBA.
The placket is a lot easier to sew this time around, I know it has to be really well marked and measured for it to turn out evenly.


I like the inside finish, I used self fabric bias binding to finish the armholes and collar and serged the shoulder and side seams. It makes a nice neat and hardy finish.
Now these are done I have a pile of new StyleArc patterns that are calling my name :)

8 comments:

  1. The girls look so sweet in your matching tops! That was so nice of you to fit one out for your daughter's bestie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I remember having a dress the same as my freind in school. Her parents were on a vacation and she live at our place for a few days and they brought back matching dresses. We wore them every schoolday untill fall came and it was too cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute girls and cute blouses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pair of cuties. You are such a good mum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! My bff and I at that age regularly co-ordinated outfits - we were that cool. Good to see kids still get into that thing ;)

    ReplyDelete