Sunday, January 18, 2015

Closet Case Files: Ginger Shorts

 


Ginger shorts (jorts?). My daughter has a pair of piping hot shorts that has some design features that I wanted to copy, they have bright pink serging that's exposed with the cuff turned up plus a bright pink topstitched back pockets. I tried to get the same feel with these shorts but I don't think I went quite far enough and the single topstitched back pocket just looks odd to me now.

 

Nothing new fit wise (same as the last pair of jeans, I did notice excess on the side of my leg that didn't show up in my jeans so I've adjusted the pattern for next time.
 
The fabric was a remnant scrap from a garage sale, just managed to squeeze the shorts out of it and the pocket bags are a quilting cotton from my stash.
 


9 comments:

  1. you are rocking the ginger jeans. laugh so much with the jorts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the asymmetry of the pocket on the back, what a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I like the asymmetry of the back pockets - I think it looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it weird that I never even CONSIDERED making shorts? I love the longer knee - it's pretty pin-uppy! Making me think about some tight clam diggers now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo fab! I love the cropped jeans/long shorts! Great fit and beautifully sewn up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these. I WANT THESE. I won't wear shorts much shorter than that due to losing weight and having serious skin "jiggle and sag". I am loving the length, fit and style of those. I will definitely put this on my "get this for summer" pattern list.

    ReplyDelete